Monday, February 20, 2012

Let's Get the Party Started

I've been wanting to start a blog for a few months now. 

I've composed deep and insightful posts in my head about having celiac disease and living gluten free.  None of them have felt 'right' as my blog debut.  There's the soul searching post about finding a name for what ailed me; complete with a Shakespearen reference.  Then there is one about my failed first attempts at gluten free baking.  And one about the life changing fish filet sandwich...but they all feel too serious to open with.

I'm the girl who insisted her groom dance to Lyle Lovett's She's No Lady for their first song.

I'm the girl who spent the first few weeks after getting my Celiac backstage pass singing like the Pussy Cat Dolls:

Dontcha wish your girlfriend was gluten free?
Dontcha wish your girlfriend had Celiac like me?
Dontcha?
Woo hoo, hoo hoo.

The deep insightful thoughts are still here and they'll have their day on display.  But for now, let's get this party started the best way I know how.

Put on your Rick James wig.  Unbutton that sequined vest and...

HIT IT!

She’s a gluten freeky girl,
The kind you would not feed a biscuit.
She will never let your crumbs  around;
Don’t eat your crackers in her sheets, ow girl.

She likes a beer in her hand.
She says that Green's is her all-time favorite.
When I bring her Redbridge it’s the right kind;
She’s never hard to please.


That girl is pretty clean now.
The girl’s a gluten freek.

The kind of girl you read about
In Delight magazine.


That girl is pretty healthy.
The girl’s a gluten freek.
I’d really love to feed her
Every time we meet.

She’s all right, she’s all right
That girl's all right with CD, yeah, heh, heh, heh!

She’s a gluten freek, gluten freek
She’s gluten freeky, yow.
EVERYBODY SING
Gluten freek, gluten freek.

She’s a very special girl.
From her villi down to her toenails;
Down to her feet.
And she’ll wait for you at the backdoor of her kitchen
With some gluten free cuisine.

Chinese food is not a prob for her she says,
“PF Changs, I’ll be waiting”
When I get there she’s got Little Soya, wine and some spring rolls.
It’s a gluten freeky scene.

That girl is pretty clean now.
The girl’s a gluten freek.

(Gluten free) Temptations sing!

Ohhhhh

Gluten freek, gluten freek,
That girl’s a gluten freek.

Ohhhhh

She’s a gluten freeky girl,
The kind you would not feed a biscuit
She will never let your villi down.
Once you get her gluten free, ow girl.

Blow, Kimmy!

1 comment: