Friday, August 31, 2012

Avocado Margaritas

I love avocados so much I think they should be their own food group!  But when our friends said they had a recipe for an avocado margarita, I have to be honest, I was skeptical. 
 
Avocados in a drink? I didn't believe it could be good. 
 
But, boy, was I wrong! These margaritas are sublime.  The avocado lends a creamy smoothness that does not overwhelm.  So delicate and refreshing, I am now an avocado margarita believer!
 
Here's the recipe from The Mission restaurant in Arizona:
 
1 1/2 oz. of Cruz Reposado
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
2 oz Sweet and Sour
1 oz Lime Juice
1 oz Orange Juice
Splash of Agave Nectar
1/2 oz of Grand Marnier
1/2 an Avocado
 
Cut out and mash avocado into a martini shaker.  Top with ice and add other ingredients to shaker. 
 
Shake vigorously until thick and creamy.  Strain through a fine mesh and pour over crushed ice in a short glass.
 
Arriba!

No comments:

Post a Comment