Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Somewhere Over the Rainbow Roll: Eurasia Fusion Sushi


Pre-C (before Celiac diagnosis) eating at a sushi restaurant was a regular part of the dinner rotation. 
 
I haven't had sushi in a restaurant for over a year.  I've been too afraid; between the soy sauce and the fried food in many Americanized rolls, it's terrifying.   

This week I broke the seal. 

Stopping by a friend's house after work, she suggested we try a local sushi restaurant that has good reviews.  I tried to hide the panic I feel when faced with going to a new restaurant without the opportunity to call ahead.  She must have seen the terror in my eyes because she said, "Or we can go to Red Robin?"  (It is a dear, dear friend who is willing to trade sushi for a burger.) 

But I WANTED sushi.

From this point on, there's nothing I can say about the food that the pictures can't tell you.  It was divine.  What I can comment on is the gracious and attentive care I received at Eurasia Fusion Sushi


As soon as we were seated, the manager promptly came over carrying a bottle of gluten free soy sauce.  He assured me that he had other patrons who ate gluten free and then went through the menu with me to advise on what I should order.

A server brought over edamame, which we sent away because we hadn't ordered any.  The manager returned to the table with the edamame to let us know it was compliments of the house.  He then walked me through the special care they were taking with my roll preparation: clean surface, clean knife, clean everything. 
 
The staff at Eurasia Fusion Sushi made me feel like this:


It was an exceptional gluten free experience!*


* I waited a few days after dining here before posting this, to make sure it was gluten free.  I've had no signs of being glutened! 

No comments:

Post a Comment