Sunday, May 26, 2013

Celiac Awareness Month: Days 4-9



 
 
 
 
Photographing everything I eat was, eh hem, biting off a little more than I could chew. 
 
Plus, it's really not as exciting as I hoped.  One can only photograph so many scrambled eggs and Lara Bars.  I don't view this as a Celiac problem.  It's more indicative of the reality of a full schedule.
 
Not a bite by bite account, here is a compilation of the highlights.
 
Day 4:  We were still out of town.  Stopped by 5 Guys and the tin container was a nice touch.  Usually I eat their bun less burger on a piece of thin aluminum foil. 
 
Day 5:  I had run out of pre-planned hotel friendly food, so we went to a tried and true standard.  Pei Wei salad wraps.
 
Day 6:  Coffee.  That is all.  That was the highlight of my day. 
 
Day 7:  I risked chocolate pudding from Buc-ees.  Half way through--BIG tummy ache.  I view this as a dietary challenge to see how dairy affects my system.  Might have to do another test to verify results.  I was already feeling a little wonky.
 
Day 8:  Home again!  Hummus and red peppers to settle my 'travel tummy'.
 
Day 9: Homemade meatballs, using bread from Gluten Free Nation, and a Schaar baguette.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment